I knew I became a real adult the day I went into Homegoods and got overly excited about kitchen utensils and weird gourmet salt. I peruse down the kitchen aisles of Target, longing for animal-shaped ceramic salt and pepper shakers and gold flatware. (I did eventually succumb to the ceramic fox s+p shakers and have zero regrets.)
Anyway, over time, I’ve collected a bunch of stuff that is essential to my time in the kitchen. I get excited every time I get to use one these things, or even just look at them. These are a few of my favorite things:
- Fox salt & pepper shakers from Target: Look how precious! They just sit on my oven and cuddle all day. It’s real cute.
- Recipe box from Rifle Paper Co.: This was a gift from my bff and it’s just so perfect and pretty and I’ve always wanted a recipe box like my grandmother did.
- Olive oil dispenser from World Market: I recommend that everyone has an olive oil dispenser for convenience, and a pretty olive oil dispenser for happiness.
- Lil sauce dish from World Market: I like to make a homemade gyoza dipping sauce in these (soy + brown sugar + sweet chili sauce)
- Due Vittorie aged balsamic vinegar: This was a gift and it’s seriously the most delicious balsamic vinegar I’ve ever had. It’s borderline a glaze and packs so much flavor it’s ridiculous. I like to put it on pizza.
- Penguin mug from Anthropologie: A surprise gift from my roommate after a bad day. Anthro has the best mugs.
- Nielson Massey vanilla extract: Let it be known I did not spend $22 on amazon for this – I found it for 6.99 at Homegoods!! I discovered this brand when I purchased their vanilla bean paste and was sold. It’s just so good.
- Smoked Paprika: Truly so superior to regular paprika. The smoked aspect is so legit. Once you go smoked paprika you never go back. I’m telling you.
- Himalayan pink salt: Okay, I was very skeptical on how pink salt was so much better than regular salt. But like, it is. I don’t know why. It’s more… gentle? I don’t know how to describe it. I’m sorry for just describing salt as gentle. But it’s worth it.
That’s all for now. I tried to link to everything I could find!